Babies born prematurely or with a critical illness are at risk for developmental delays. Through follow up care of NICU babies we provide regular neurodevelopment assessments for infants who spent time in our neonatal intensive care units. We want to identify any developmental disabilities as early as possible, to help high-risk newborns get access to all the care and support they need.
We provide longitudinal multidisciplinary assessments and clinical management of high-risk infants from birth to seven years of age. The goals are to support optimal growth, developmental and behavioral outcomes for all children.
What are the aims and goals of Follow up care of NICU babies?
- Monitoring and early intervention if a child's developmental pattern differs from normal.
- Families should be educated and supported.
- Providing medical professionals with training.
- Facilitating the research process.
The services that Neonatal Follow-up Program provides are:
- Ear, nose, and throat (ENT)
- Pediatric neurology
- General pediatrics
- Speech therapy and swallowing